Early status update for....well a lot of reasons. The main one being that Version 0.4 is finally out!
So what's new? Well, the following:
- New environment-based battle system
- New/Improved enemies
- Animated enemies
- New attacks for all party members (except Blitz)
- Fixed battle tutorial system in the Barracks
- Minor text fixes and changes
- Fixed some bug/graphic glitches
- Fixed some coding errors.
I already have plans for Version 0.5 as well while I was working this whole year. I'll gladly share what to expect:
- The world map will be redrawn and 50% bigger
- New Home Town, The Sea of Trees, and the Escape Route are being re-designed
- The Main Menu function will be available from the start, but very limited
- Tutorial will be a mode and can be enabled and disabled at the start of the game
- Text boxes will have cursor sound effects to reflect the speaker's voice (Think Phoenix Wright original trilogy)
- Cut scenes will be better centered and have camera zoom to reflect the change in gameplay.
And that's just to start, but these are the big ones.
I also have an announcement to make: I'm taking a break for a while.
I've had a few vacations, I know, but overall version 0.4 kicked my ass while I was doing with personal troubles. Said personal troubles are why I need this break: To get my affairs in order and get my focus back.
There won't be another Status Update for quite some time, but I'll post if I feel I had to fix 0.4 for any reason or if it looks like my break is about over.
Don't worry, folks, I'm not cancelling the game or dropping the project. I just need to get my situation fixed and take a breather at the same time.
Thank you to everyone who's been supporting me. I hope this latest version is enjoyable to you!